By now you’ve surely been told to drink plenty of water every day, but many people still have trouble consuming the recommended amount of eight 8-ounce glasses per day. Given the fact that our bodies are about 60% water, it makes sense that we need to replenish our supply daily. While your doctor might have told you to drink lots of water, they probably didn’t go into detail about the benefits of drinking the proper amount of water every day.
- Maximize Physical Performance – Just like your car can’t run very well without enough oil, your body needs enough water to perform at a high level. Just losing 2% of your body’s water content is enough to cause dehydration. Athletes can lose up to 10% of their water weight through sweat, so it’s especially important for them to stay hydrated and drink plenty of water.
- Brain Function and Energy Levels – Much like our bodies, our brains also need water to perform optimally. Mild dehydration can impair brain function, mood, concentration, and increase headache frequency. It can also lead to feelings of fatigue and anxiety as well as memory.
- Weight Loss – Drinking lots of water may actually help you lose weight. That’s because water can increase your body’s metabolism. It’s recommended that you drink water a half hour before you eat a meal. You will feel fuller and likely consume fewer calories. Dieters who followed this practice were able to lose 44% more weight over a 12-week period.
Drinking enough water can also:
- Relieve constipation
- Treat kidney stones and assist kidneys
- Prevent hangovers
- Maintain bodily fluids
- Energize muscles
- Improve the appearance of your skin
A drinking water system from Schultz Soft Water can improve the taste of your drinking water so you are more likely to enjoy its benefits. Give us a call today at 320-251-4100 for more information.